Morning: September 11th
Darcy Dennett –Director, Producer, Director of Photography, EP
HBO compilation Visions of Light
Darcy Dennett’s short documentary, MORNING: September 11th, begins on a normal day on September 11th. Commuters head to work on the Staten Island ferry reading the morning paper and drinking coffee, when suddenly life changes forever. MORNING: September 11th documents the shocked and quiet reactions of onlookers on the shore of Staten Island, as they listen in disbelief to “1010 Wins” newscasters report the collapse of the twin towers, as Manhattan billows smoke across the bay.
• Premiered at Doubletake Film Festival, Durham, N.C.
• Aired on HBO/Cinemax Real Life Visions of Light
• Additional Screening at Women with Vision show, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, M.N.
• Excerpts from/additional footage appears in HBO’s: In Memoriam: New York City, 9/11/01, Primetime Emmy winner
• Archived at Library of Congress in Washington D.C.
• Archived at Omni Museum in Barcelona, Spain