Honors & Awards
The Champions (2015)
Winner, Zelda Penzel’s “Giving Voice to the Voiceless Award”
World Premiere 23rd Hamptons International Film Festival 2015
Presented to a film in the Compassion, Justice & Animal Rights section that raises public awareness about the moral and ethical treatment and the rights of animals, as well as environmental protection; a film that inspires compassion and compels social change. Dedicated to those who suffer in silence.
Previous winners include Virunga (Oscar® Nominee), Emptying the Skies, and HBO’s One Nation, Under Dog.
- Winner Best Documentary, Denver Film Festival Starz People's Choice Award, 2015
- ACS Gold Award for Cinematography in a Documentary awarded to The Champions Director of Photography, Justin Hanrahan, 2015
- Best of Fest Screening, Heartland Film Festival
- Official Selection Hamptons International Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Heartland Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Denver Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection St. Louis Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Newport Film 2015
- Official Selection Big Sky Documentary Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Traverse City Film Festival 2016
Our America with Lisa Ling (2013)
Series nominated for 2013 Realscreen Awards for Best Non-Fiction: Social Issues and Current Affairs
Dogtown: Saving the Michael Vick Dogs (2009)
Nominated for The Genesis Award—honorable Humane Society Award given to media for covering animal rights related issues
Vital Signs (2003)
Crystal Heart Award from The Association of Organ Procurement, recognizing media for factually reporting on the miracle of donation and transplantation. The special one-hour episode from the series It’s a Living on A&E used across the country to encourage organ donation
Morning: September 11th (2001)
- Premiered at Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, Durham, N.C.
- Aired on HBO/Cinemax Real Life Visions of Light
- Additional Screening Women with Vision show, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, M.N.
- Excerpts from/Additional footage appears in HBO’s: In Memoriam: New York City, 9/11/01, Primetime Emmy Winner
- Archived at Library of Congress in Washington D.C.
- Archived at Omni Museum in Barcelona, Spain
Trauma, Life in the ER (2000)
Emmy nomination for Outstanding Achievement in a Craft in News & Documentary: Electronic Camera Persons